Star in a Comic Competition!
Do you know an awesome kid who has what it takes to create the star of a new comic story? Perhaps it could even be them!
We’re launching a new competition to find the next super star comic character. That’s right, The Phoenix is opening its pages so a new hero or heroine can be born. The competition is open to all children. To win all entrants need to:
The winner’s character (perhaps even the winner themselves) will star in a comic drawn by NEILL CAMERON that will run in The Phoenix for FOUR WEEKS, starting in issue 300. They will also receive a SPECIAL bound copy of their story, an annual subscription to The Phoenix for them or their school, plus a FULL set of Phoenix Presents books!
There will also be 10 runners-up that will win a selection of Phoenix Presents books.
Please send your entries to:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Phoenix Superstar, The Phoenix comic, 29 Beaumont Street, Oxford, OX1 2NP
Entries can be a comic, a drawing, a story or even a video. Go wild!
Please read below for full terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
Thank you in advance for submitting your idea (hereafter known as an “entry”) to the STAR IN A COMIC competition.
By entering this competition, you agree to the following:
- By submitting an entry you accept that you have read these rules and that you will follow them.
- Submit an entry by post (Phoenix Superstar, The Phoenix comic, 29 Beaumont Street, Oxford, OX1 2NP) or by email (subject: Phoenix Superstar, firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are sending a video, please share it via a file sharing service.
- Both permanent UK residents and International residents aged 18 and under are allowed to submit an entry. You must have your parent’s or guardian’s permission for your entry to be considered.
- All intellectual property rights in your entry will remain with you. However, The Phoenix comic retains the non-exclusive right to publish the winning idea in its original form and the exclusive right to publish the professionally illustrated version physically and digitally in The Phoenix comic and any compilations and annuals published by The Phoenix or its partners in all media throughout the world for the full term of copyright. This is so we can continue to sell back issues and make books of our content as we do with all of our content.
- If your entry is selected, you will not receive remuneration in exchange for allowing The Phoenix to use your entry or related artwork/ideas in future marketing material, books, merchandise, promotional material, or any form of media.
- You consent for your first name and your entry to be printed in The Phoenix, and used on our social media platforms.
- Entries submitted by post will not be returned.
- The winning entries will be selected by The Phoenix editorial team.
- To be eligible for a prize, entries must be received by 11:59pm on 31 May 2017.
- The winning entry will be illustrated by Neill Cameron as a 16 page comic strip.
- The Phoenix intends to publish the 16 page comic strip in the 300th issue as a 4 part story and have it run for 4 weeks. However, we reserve the right to change and adjust this according to our scheduling needs.
- One grand prize winner will be awarded a bound copy of their comic strip, an annual subscription for either themselves or their school and a full set of Phoenix Presents books.
- 10 runners-up will each win a selection of Phoenix Presents books as a prize.
All prizes are non-refundable, and cannot be exchanged for cash.